So April 15th my parents were able to come and visit for Lincoln's blessing (which was on Easter) and they stayed for 10 days or so. While they were here we mostly just sat on the couch at my house and talked (fun I know). But really my dad wasn't able to take time off work and neither was Brian so my Mom and I did a lot of chatting and working on a project/present for Laura....its a secret so I can't say what it is but it was a lot of fun. Besides just laying around my house we did manage to break the boys away from work for a little while and did a few fun things.
One day my parents went up for a short flight with Brian and I am so proud of my mom for going up even when she was scared and she didn't have her motion sickness patch on. Good job Mom!!!
After that Brian took my dad out to the mine to see it and Brian let him fly once they got off the ground and he really loved the whole thing.
The other fun thing we did was going to the natural hot springs that is an hour outside of town. It was really fun. I had always heard of how awesome this place was from all the locals and Brian had been there once so we just had to go. Unfortunately I didn't have a suit here in Fairbanks cuz we left our summer stuff in Wasilla. So I was just going to go in a tank and short but when we got there they said they rent suits for free....totally gross right. Well they looked and smelt really clean so I figured that would be better than long baggy basketball shorts and a gross work out tank from when I was 16. So I rented one and looked like an old lady instead.
Anyways....The day before my Parents left it was Easter Sunday and we were able to bless Lincoln. I was totally late to church because I was trying to get Lincoln ready and I wanted to feed him enough so he would sleep through the blessing. Then on the way to church my dress strap broke when I was getting in the car. Thank goodness my mom had a safety pin holding her shirt together that she took out and fixed my strap. Thanks mom for giving up your outfit problem to fix mine. love you! So as soon as we finally got to church I sat down and took Lincoln out of his car seat and right then they announced that Lincoln would now be blessed. So I handed Lincoln over to Brian and then he received a wonderful blessing from his father. I think he will be a very good leader with a strong testimony in the gospel. :)
The men that blessed little Lincoln
Grandma and Grandpa Baker
Grandma and Grandpa Harry
The new Bakers
We really enjoyed having my parents here and can't wait till we see them again!
The new BakersWe really enjoyed having my parents here and can't wait till we see them again!
2 comments:
Adorable! I love the post and I'm so glad you had fun while mom and dad were there! I hope they will be able to stay for a little bit in the next couple weeks when it's my turn to bring a new little guy into the world! There is NOTHING like having your mom around when new/big things happen in your life! Especially like having a baby!! I'm so glad they were able to make it up there!!!
Ya it was so nice! I can't wait to see them again though and especially to see you and little Traetyn. Its going to be awesome that they have a boy cousin so their same age :) We really planned that well haha
Post a Comment