September 1, 2011

New Beginnings...


Blog gap once again, so sorry.

Update on Lincoln's nose:
We went back to the doctor on Monday the 15th and Dr. Mary sent us over to a Plastic surgeon to look at Lincolns nose. Dr. Wennen said that he needed to stitch it up and since there was no way to hold Lincoln still enough for the procedure they would need to put him under anesthesia to do it. So we stayed the night in town that night and early the next morning went over to the hospital for Lincoln to get his nose fixed. He couldn't eat anything for 4 hours before the surgery and usually eats every 2 hrs so he was pretty grump. They put a thing on his toe, we put him in the hospital gown and then they took him from me. :( The anesthesiologist said they probably wouldn't need an IV for the meds because it would be really quick but it took longer than they thought so they used an IV in his foot. Dr. Wennen cut off the edge of the nose that was hanging off to smooth it out and reattached it to his nose with 4 stitches. From the time they took him from me to when I got him back was about an hour. He woke up from the meds super super mad. I could here him coming a long ways away. (they said all kids wake up mad because their brains aren't developed enough to understand what is going on and why they are feeling so weird.) Anyways so as soon as they gave him to me I fed him and he ate a lot (thank goodness my boobs were about to explode). He threw up once , like they said he probably would from the meds, and once we left the hospital and he was in the car he slept the rest of the day.
He had to wear these arms deals so he couldn't touch his nose and injure it while it was healing. That was a long 2 1/2 weeks.
So now his nose is pretty much healed. it still pink and you can see where the stitches were and it has kinda puckered up in some spots but his its way better how it is now so we are happy with it.

More new, Brian and I have move to Anchorage! Brian started attending University of Alaska Anchorage on Monday Aug. 29th in the Aviation Program to become a Professional Pilot. We are so excited! He absolutely loves to fly and now he will be pursuing the dream of becoming a Professional Pilot. We are still moving into our place but we love it. We have running water we can drink and a bath tub to bathe Lincoln in and its just awesome. Its a 1200sq 2 bedroom apartment in a four plex. It has bran-new carpet too!!! I am so loving that! Anyways I will post pictures soon of the place.

Lincoln update:
He turned 5 months old yesterday on Aug. 31st. We picked up the high chair Brian's grandparents gave us for our Baby Shower ages ago and Lincoln had his first experience with Rice Cereal and he loved it! He was grabbing my hand to shove the food in his mouth! I am so excited for him and so happy I didn't have to fight him on it one bit. :)

Ashley's News:
I have lost all my baby weight plus 12lbs and I just bought a pair of pants 2 sizes smaller than the size I have been for the last 8 years! I don't really know how I am doing it. My whole life I was super active and was never able to lose weight. Now that I am not active I try and watch what I eat as far as portion sizes and I try to cut out some sugar and fatty foods like breads. Yes, I Ashley have been cutting out some breads. Mostly just white bread and I figure if its wheat I can eat however much I want. :) So the only thing I think is really helping me is my little man. He is a big eater so my body has to turn all the food I eat into food for him. I am not complaining at all. Its using energy and the food I eat so my body is doing me a double service. Thank you little man. ;)







2 comments:

Toone said...

OH my goodness how I love that little man!!! I just love when you do a new blog post!! I am in your day to day life and know what's going on but it's so fun to read about it on here! :) And the pictures are great of course!! :) I love you guys, I'm so happy that you are doing so well and really enjoying your new start!! OH! You need to post pics with the camera crew and all that!! just as a reminder :)

Brian and Ashley Baker said...

Thanks sis! I like to do the blog post. I'm not the best at it but it's fun when I do :) I am glad you enjoy. :) I do need to post those pictures. I have lots of pictures on my camera of the last couple days at camp and moving here and our new place. I just finished unpacking and organizing our house though so when I take new pictures of our home I will post them along with all the other ones. Promise :)

Post a Comment