Well on Monday August 8th Lincoln took hi first fall :(
I was cleaning and he was hungry and tired but I was almost done so I put him down in the middle of the bed for one or two minutes. I was right next to the bed the whole time and I was about to go pick him up and right then I heard a thud.
He rolled off the bed.
I ran over to him and picked him up and found his mouth full of blood from a cut of his lip and from part chunk of his nose cut open. It wasn't good. I just kept saying "Mommy's sorry, Mommy's sorry, I'm so sorry." and yes I cried. In that moment all I could think about is how I wished there was a way I could go back in time and make the decision to stop the cleaning and take care of my baby boy who is way more important then having a vacuumed floor. It was awful to say the least.
So today, august 11th Daddy and Mommy flew little Lincoln in to the doctors for his 4 month check up and so they culd look at his nose. Right away Doctor Mary said it didn't look good and probably had a staff infection. (I tried keeping it clean with neosporin on it but little man likes to shove toys in his face and rub his face against his blanket when going to sleep so its quit hard.) So Dr. Mary cleaned it up good and took a culture of it and sent us home with two prescriptions for it. Other than meds there isn't much we can do. She said he will definitely have a scar but hopefully it will heal quickly.
I feel so so bad. Lincoln hardly ever if at all rolls so I wasn't worried about putting him in the middle of the bed for just a min. or two. Guess I was wrong. From now on he only gets left on the floor or in his crib. ** Note, when I put Lincoln on his tummy on the floor he still doesn't love it and hardly ever rolls over (hence why I thought it was ok to leave him in the center of the bed for a min). He likes to play with his toys for a little bit but then get frustrated and just starts chewing on his hands. Hopefully tummy time will become more enjoyable soon :)
Lincoln is doing pretty good though. At his 4 month check up today his stats were:
Weight: 15lbs 15oz 65%
Height: 25 1/4 " 70%
Head: 30%
He's is a growing boy. He drools like crazy, loves to blow bubbles and loves to put anything and everything in his mouth. He has kinda learned to jump. It's so cute. One of my very favorite things he has started doing since he turned 4 months is rubbing his eyes. It's so adorable to see him rub his eyes when he is tired. I just love it!
I love watching him learn and discover new things all the time. He is doing so good and is just the light of my life.
Lincoln, Mommy and Daddy love you so much! You are such a blessing in our life and we are so happy to know we get to be with you for all eternity! Thanks for being our little boy.
He rolled off the bed.
I ran over to him and picked him up and found his mouth full of blood from a cut of his lip and from part chunk of his nose cut open. It wasn't good. I just kept saying "Mommy's sorry, Mommy's sorry, I'm so sorry." and yes I cried. In that moment all I could think about is how I wished there was a way I could go back in time and make the decision to stop the cleaning and take care of my baby boy who is way more important then having a vacuumed floor. It was awful to say the least.
So today, august 11th Daddy and Mommy flew little Lincoln in to the doctors for his 4 month check up and so they culd look at his nose. Right away Doctor Mary said it didn't look good and probably had a staff infection. (I tried keeping it clean with neosporin on it but little man likes to shove toys in his face and rub his face against his blanket when going to sleep so its quit hard.) So Dr. Mary cleaned it up good and took a culture of it and sent us home with two prescriptions for it. Other than meds there isn't much we can do. She said he will definitely have a scar but hopefully it will heal quickly.
I feel so so bad. Lincoln hardly ever if at all rolls so I wasn't worried about putting him in the middle of the bed for just a min. or two. Guess I was wrong. From now on he only gets left on the floor or in his crib. ** Note, when I put Lincoln on his tummy on the floor he still doesn't love it and hardly ever rolls over (hence why I thought it was ok to leave him in the center of the bed for a min). He likes to play with his toys for a little bit but then get frustrated and just starts chewing on his hands. Hopefully tummy time will become more enjoyable soon :)
Lincoln is doing pretty good though. At his 4 month check up today his stats were:
Weight: 15lbs 15oz 65%
Height: 25 1/4 " 70%
Head: 30%
He's is a growing boy. He drools like crazy, loves to blow bubbles and loves to put anything and everything in his mouth. He has kinda learned to jump. It's so cute. One of my very favorite things he has started doing since he turned 4 months is rubbing his eyes. It's so adorable to see him rub his eyes when he is tired. I just love it!
I love watching him learn and discover new things all the time. He is doing so good and is just the light of my life.
Lincoln, Mommy and Daddy love you so much! You are such a blessing in our life and we are so happy to know we get to be with you for all eternity! Thanks for being our little boy.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry. It seems we all have to endure those "if only" or "what if" moments. Abigail had her first fall at a few months, I think, and I was a wreck, I felt so horrible. Thank heavens babies are resilient and stronger then we expect :) And thank heavens they forget quickly! ;)
Post a Comment