June 28, 2012

Cuddle time...

So the last couple days here at Tofty have been days of stress. Hard work, long hours, and rain. Yay that pretty much sums it up. Plus on top of that the last few weeks Brian has been pulling one and a half shifts a lot and flying in stressful weather and been managing the whole place alone and has been totally run ragged. But tonight when came in to go to bed Lincoln struggled for a long time. Threw all his blankets out of his crib, then I tried again to lay him down but he was still crying so finally we came up to bed to see dad and Lincoln automatically lays his head on Brians chest and looks at him and smiles. He then gets all comfy and I lay on Brian's shoulder as Brian starts to sing kum-by-ah (spelling?) to Lincoln (the only song he ever sings to him). Then Brian falls asleep, Lincoln falls asleep and I almost fall asleep as I look at my boys and think how amazingly blessed I am. If everything else in the world was bad I know my life would still be good because I have them. Moments like this makes all of life's ups and downs worth it. Brian Douglas and Lincoln Douglas thanks for making my life so blessed. I love you both for all time and eternity. - love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment