Well for starters we have been going into town almost every other day to get parts and groceries and things that we need. Its been good. I think I am getting pretty used to sitting in a car for 4-5 hours at a time now. Hopefully today or tomorrow the plane will be done, (the engine had to have some work done on it) and then we can go pick it up in Wasilla and be able to fly back and forth between the mine site and town. That would make the trips A LOT faster.
Hotei......let me tell ya, the bush is quite an adventurous place for a dog like him. In the past couple weeks he has gotten a twig stuck in his paw in between his toes and his foot swelled up to twice its normal size and he didn't walk on it for almost a week. (side note....it was kinda cute cuz Brian and I were gone when it happened and Hotei wouldn't let any of the guys get the stick out (almost biting them :(. When Brian and I got home and found out what had happened I walked right up to him took his paw and took it out without a problem. Its nice to know he trusts us more than the guys even if we are gone a lot. :) ) A couple days ago he tried to eat a porcupine and got a lot of quills in his face and mouth. Pour guy had to be held down and have all of the pulled out except the one in his mouth. Brian and I had to get that one out again because he didn't let the guys in his mouth very well haha. Anyways.....Hotei is all better now and enjoying himself thoroughly in the bush :)
I have been reading lately and I have to say I love books!!! I finished "Catching Fire" two weeks ago and then read "The Last Song", and I am stoked to see the movie! Two days ago I started "City of Bone" I am only about 1/6 of the way in but it is really good. If anyone has any book suggestions that would be great!
Quote for the Day:
"Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."
-Henri Nouwen
2 comments:
I'm so glad Hotei is doing better. What a cutie pie. :) I'm glad you are starting to like city of bones too. I love love love that series so much! I would love to share that love with you. Haha I miss you ash. It will be so nice when the plane is fixed. Then you can fly and some see me!!!! I know not really but in my dreams every night that is exactly what happens!!! <3
Lauda, I wish I could fly to come see you. It was only take a short time. Hopefully this summer we will be able to see each other. I know its highly unlikely but I hope for it. Miss you!
Post a Comment