
Thursday March 17th I was super busy going to the laundry mat and shopping. When I got home I folded all the laundry put all the groceries away and started to make homemade pizza. From 1pm to 7pm I didn't stop at all and around 6 I noticed I started to have contractions 10 minutes apart. They didn't hurt at all I just felt the pressure of my stomach getting hard. So I kept making the pizza, called my mom and Laura to see what they thought. (Meanwhile Brian was gone flying his dad out to the camp site) They said that it sounded like the beginning of labor. Well I kinda started freaking out (cried to my mom that Brian wasn't here even though I knew he would be home with in the hour) and I started to pack my hospital bag and clean out the car and double check I had the things I needed for the hospital. Well Brian finally got home and the contractions continued.
The next day I went into my doctor to get checked to see how far a long I was and if I needed to go to the hospital. Sadly enough I was only effaced 50% and dilated to a 1. Not much was happening. So my Doctor told me to go walk around for an hour and come back to get checked again. I was excited that this might help and was walking as fast as I could. When she checked me again nothing had changed but she said that I would probably have him sometime that weekend. Well this was not so. My contractions slowly died down that Friday and then were only happening sporadically the next couple days.
Monday I had a doctor appointment and got checked again and she said I was now at 80% effaced but still only dilated to a one.
Tuesday we decided to try drinking Castor Oil. Gross! I mixed it with some orange juice and drank it really fast. It didn't do anything to help labor progress but it got the bowels moving so I guess it did it filled its job requirement.
So since the Castor oil we haven't been doing much to make him come out cuz I just don't think he wants to. He is teaching mommy and daddy a lot of patience. We really would love to have him here sooner rather than later though because we would love to go to Brian's sisters wedding April 9th in Idaho and I would appreciate as much time to recover before we go.
So Lincoln....Mommy knows you are all comfortable and warm inside my belly but lots of people are waiting for you to come out so they can meet and you. I promise when you get here mommy and daddy will take really good care of you and wrap you up warm so you're happy so please please please come out!
The next day I went into my doctor to get checked to see how far a long I was and if I needed to go to the hospital. Sadly enough I was only effaced 50% and dilated to a 1. Not much was happening. So my Doctor told me to go walk around for an hour and come back to get checked again. I was excited that this might help and was walking as fast as I could. When she checked me again nothing had changed but she said that I would probably have him sometime that weekend. Well this was not so. My contractions slowly died down that Friday and then were only happening sporadically the next couple days.
Monday I had a doctor appointment and got checked again and she said I was now at 80% effaced but still only dilated to a one.
Tuesday we decided to try drinking Castor Oil. Gross! I mixed it with some orange juice and drank it really fast. It didn't do anything to help labor progress but it got the bowels moving so I guess it did it filled its job requirement.
So since the Castor oil we haven't been doing much to make him come out cuz I just don't think he wants to. He is teaching mommy and daddy a lot of patience. We really would love to have him here sooner rather than later though because we would love to go to Brian's sisters wedding April 9th in Idaho and I would appreciate as much time to recover before we go.
So Lincoln....Mommy knows you are all comfortable and warm inside my belly but lots of people are waiting for you to come out so they can meet and you. I promise when you get here mommy and daddy will take really good care of you and wrap you up warm so you're happy so please please please come out!


2 comments:
I love this pics you did Ash! I am impressed that you did them yourselves! Thanks for the update!:) Although I've been living the story with you it's so nice to read and it will be a good memory keeper for you! :) Tell Mr. Lincoln that if he comes out soon, he will get to come see his aunty Laura and she will come bearing gifts! :) haha I will sure love him too. Very much!!! <3 I love you Ash! Hang in there. We are all praying for you each day and hoping that this comes to an end!!! <3<3
False Labor is very discouraging. I had it three times and it did nothing :( We never tried anything to get labor going except for having my doctor strip my membranes, which worked instantly. But I think it works when the baby is actually ready, and for those that aren't, mommies are just left even more discouraged. The good news is, they do come!! haha. Good luck, Ashley!
Post a Comment