So it has been a really long time again since I have posted a blog about what we are up to and since then a lot has changed....or I guess one thing has changed but it's a big thing so it feels like a lot has changed.
We have moved to Fairbanks! We have been thinking about it on and off for a while now but we always decided to stay in Wasilla because we liked it there so much and his family was there and it is a better town by far. But with all that considered, it kept Brian and I away from each other more often then we liked so last Thursday we decided to move. Friday Brian had us all packed up and we drove to Fairbanks. Saturday we looked for placed to live and found one and moved in. Ya it all happened that fast!! It was crazy!!
It was a very emotional move on me because I was leaving Wasilla, his family (my support when Brian was gone), and our wonderful ward that had just thrown me an amazing baby shower two days before we decided to move. Lets just say the pregnancy hormones were definitely in full effect for these few days and there were lots of tears shed, but my wonderful husband made it so much easier on me then it could have been at 36 weeks pregnant.
Brian completely packed us up in one day and once we got to our new place he unpacked us in one day. He even got all the furniture in the house and set up all by himself! He was so amazing and didn't make me do anything. I did as much as I could though but it wasn't much and he did lots while I was still sleeping in the morning or fell asleep early at night. I can't explain how wonderful he was through the whole thing and now I am very grateful we have moved. Brian has been home every night but one since the move and if we were in Wasilla he would have been gone for the past 5 nights. It has really made me that much happier we are closer to his work and closer together.
So here are the before and after pictures of our house. Sorry if theres a lot, I know my family wants to see it all :)
We have moved to Fairbanks! We have been thinking about it on and off for a while now but we always decided to stay in Wasilla because we liked it there so much and his family was there and it is a better town by far. But with all that considered, it kept Brian and I away from each other more often then we liked so last Thursday we decided to move. Friday Brian had us all packed up and we drove to Fairbanks. Saturday we looked for placed to live and found one and moved in. Ya it all happened that fast!! It was crazy!!
It was a very emotional move on me because I was leaving Wasilla, his family (my support when Brian was gone), and our wonderful ward that had just thrown me an amazing baby shower two days before we decided to move. Lets just say the pregnancy hormones were definitely in full effect for these few days and there were lots of tears shed, but my wonderful husband made it so much easier on me then it could have been at 36 weeks pregnant.
Brian completely packed us up in one day and once we got to our new place he unpacked us in one day. He even got all the furniture in the house and set up all by himself! He was so amazing and didn't make me do anything. I did as much as I could though but it wasn't much and he did lots while I was still sleeping in the morning or fell asleep early at night. I can't explain how wonderful he was through the whole thing and now I am very grateful we have moved. Brian has been home every night but one since the move and if we were in Wasilla he would have been gone for the past 5 nights. It has really made me that much happier we are closer to his work and closer together.
So here are the before and after pictures of our house. Sorry if theres a lot, I know my family wants to see it all :)
So that is our new little place. :D
OK BABY UPDATE!
Our little Lincoln is still growing and making his
mama bigger and more uncomfortable each day.
So two doctor appointments ago I was measuring good and Lincolns heart rate was good around 150. They said my blood pressure was climbing a little but nothing to be worried about. During the appointment the doctor told me I was having a contraction when she was listening to Lincoln's heart. I thought it was pretty funny cuz I didn't have a clue I was having one (thank goodness).
At the last doctors appointment (in Fairbanks now with a nurse midwife that I just love!) said everything was going good. I got "checked" and she said that I had thinned out a little and seemed to be dilated a little too but that it didn't mean much because I wasn't having any contractions or any other signs of anything happening. But she did tell me that Lincoln's head was in the downward position! That was happy news and now that she told me that I have been having fun playing with him and knowing more surely what body part is sticking out. :)
So these are the updated pictures....
mama bigger and more uncomfortable each day.
So two doctor appointments ago I was measuring good and Lincolns heart rate was good around 150. They said my blood pressure was climbing a little but nothing to be worried about. During the appointment the doctor told me I was having a contraction when she was listening to Lincoln's heart. I thought it was pretty funny cuz I didn't have a clue I was having one (thank goodness).
At the last doctors appointment (in Fairbanks now with a nurse midwife that I just love!) said everything was going good. I got "checked" and she said that I had thinned out a little and seemed to be dilated a little too but that it didn't mean much because I wasn't having any contractions or any other signs of anything happening. But she did tell me that Lincoln's head was in the downward position! That was happy news and now that she told me that I have been having fun playing with him and knowing more surely what body part is sticking out. :)
So these are the updated pictures....
Everything is going good though and I am looking forward to him getting here at any time. I really hope its only one more week or so but I guess we will find out if he agrees with me or not.
2 comments:
I love all the pictures Ash and you're house looks so good! No kitchen pictures though! You'll have to add those later. ;) I am so glad that Brian helped you out so much and made it as easy as possible for you to move. You have a great husband. Perfect for you! You are looking so big and I can't believe that you could actually have this baby in the next week or so! It's starting to make me a little sad that I won't be able to be there but hopefully we'll be able to see him and you soon after! <3<3
Thanks so much sis! I don't really like the kitchen so I just left it out. haha
Ya Lincoln will be here soon its totally crazy. Right now it feels like he will never get here though. haha I just hope I am ready when he gets here. I feel like I still need to organize all his stuff and have a place for everything but I have never been a mom before so I don't know how to organize it all the best so things are where they will be best. Oh well though those things aren't too important. I am just looking forward to holding him and seeing his sweet face.
Post a Comment