OK I am so far behind so here is a quick update and some things I want to make sure I don't forget.
***When I sat down to write this I really did mean for it to be a quick update but I guess considering how much has happened it is a brief update of our lives over the past few months.***
-Around father's day after Lincoln had turned 2 months old he rolled over! Doesn't do it often but is capable of it.
-The day Lincoln turned three months old he got two cuts on his fingers. (Mom has no clue how it happened. She picked you up and handed you to your Uncle and then walked away and saw blood on her arm. I looked at your fingers and saw you were bleeding on your middle finger and your thumb. You didn't care at all. I guess it didn't hurt :))
- Shortly after Lincoln turned three months old he was too big for his baby bath so he got his first bath in the kitchen sink. He stood up the whole time. They kids doesn't love to sit down at all really. He also screams the whole time during most baths.
-When Lincoln was three and a half months old we took our first family vacation to Idaho/Utah for a Harry family reunion.
-The first flight Lincoln was ok. Not great but ok. He screamed a couple different times because he was grumpy and didn't want to eat but was hungry and tiered. (not a good combination) The second flight (the short flight might I add) Lincoln slept the whole way! Thank you Lincoln.
-The trip to Idaho to see family was amazing to say the least. Lincoln was able to see his grandparents again and met a lot of new people. Lots of Aunts and Uncles that were dying to meet him and cousins too. It was so fun to be there with all the kids. The first night we were there Dallon wanted me to play with the chalk with him, He laid on the floor and watched me paint my toe nails, and he was just so fun to be with. I can't wait for Lincoln to be that age so we can play. :)
-I also got to see my best friend Robin and my second mom Anna while I was home. It was amazing! I love those too so much. Every time I see them it makes me so happy and remember so many good times growing up together. I can't wait to see them again.
-I also got to see my friend Rachel! Man that was nice. I haven't seen her in so long. We were always missing each other when we were able to be home because we were both so busy and then I went and moved to Alaska so it really made seeing each other hard. But it was really good to see her and chat and catch up with what's going on in our lives.
-After a few days in my hometown (which I love despite husbands dislike for it's "Ghettoness"), we drove to Bear Lake and went camping with Laura, Payden, Jake, Heather, all their kids, and my parents for a night before the actual reunion started. That was so much fun! I haven't been camping in a long time (even though I debate weather my everyday life is an extended camping trip) it was still fun. I just loved seeing my sis and her little kiddos and my bro and his kids. What fun it is to have so many little smiling faces around. I am so glad our family is growing and we get to enjoy all the wonderful things kids bring to life. Brian, Lincoln and I slept with Laura, Payden, Braylie and Treatyn in their camp trailer that night. It was fun all of us being together.
-The next day the family reunion started and I got to see my sister Kim for the first time in a year and a half! That is a long time people! The last time I saw her was a month after I was married. From being married to then having a child it was a long time in between seeing each other and we were so happy to be together. I really just loved being with all my family. It was a total blast.
-We celebrated my grandmas birthday while the whole family was together and I just have to say that she is the sweetest lady in this whole world. I love my grandma so much. I wish I was closer to her so I could spend more time with her so she could share her wisdom of life with me.
-My grandma started crying a couple times when she was expressing her love for he family and I couldn't help but cry. I can't see he cry and not cry. It also made me stop and think about how in a few short years I will be in her place with Lincoln and all my other kids all grown up with kids and grand kids of their own. I can't believe it but I know that when I get there I will be so grateful, just as my grandmother is, for my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and for all the joy and love they will bring in my life. It is truly a miracle and a blessing that Heavenly Father has given to all of us to be blessed with family.
-**Side Note** I have been thinking a lot lately about family and being a mother. It is really amazing. I am so blessed that I was able to carry my child for 9 months and during that time he was able to progress from being a little speck of an organism into being a little human being completely functional and absolutely perfect. That alone is a miracle. Then after that I get to raise this sweet angle Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I get to see him discover new things, and learn and grow and change with each new day. It is amazing and I thank Heavenly Father every day that he has blessed me with this most precious gift.
-Ok so after the reunion we came back to AK. WOW was that a journey. We left Utah at 1pm to drive to Boise get on our flight at 9pm. We got to AK at 2:30 am. Slept in the car til 5am. Then flew to camp and got here at 7am. Then my amazing husband went straight to work and worked till 9pm that day! He amazes me, really. Lincoln screamed for about 15 min straight (it felt so much longer) on the first plane while we were just sitting in the plane waiting to take off. FINALLY I got him to go to sleep right before take off and he slept that whole plane ride. He didn't even wake up when we landed. He woke up for about an hour while we were getting food in Seattle and then when we got on the next plane and I put his jammies on he fell asleep and only woke up to eat the rest of the trip (Like all the way to camp...that's a long time people! he did great)
So as far as whats been going on since we have been back from vacation.....
-Lincoln is now 4 months old!!! So crazy! month 3 flew by really fast.
-Lincoln is sick :( He started with just being congested but now he is congested and has a cough. His dad is also sick and between the two of them blowing their noses (ok I suck the boogies out of Lincolns nose but you get the point. There are lots of boogies everywhere!) and coughing up stuff, I am so surprised I haven't gotten it. Lets hope it stays that way and the boys get better soon. Lincoln's Doc wants to see him in a couple days but I'm not sure we will be able to get into town. We'll see.
-Don't know if I have mentioned this yet but we are being filmed for a tv show that is coming out in December about Alaska gold Mining and so it has made things interesting this season. It was totally weird at first but now we have gotten use to having extra people around and a camera showing up in your face at a moment notice. They said they want to interview me in the next couple days...not looking forward to it. I mean I have been video taped doing things around camp and taking the lunches out to the guys but I really don't need them to just point the camera at me and ask me lots of questions. No thank you. But it will be happening anyway, unless they forget...lets hope they forget.
-We found a place to live! Oh man am I excited! It is a nice 2 bedroom 1 bath place that has been remodeled. I am so excited. I am really looking forward to moving in somewhere and knowing we will be there for a while. We have only ever stayed at a place for 2 months so thinking we will stay at this place at least for a year if not 4 years is amazing! I am so happy I will be able to unpack everything and know I wont be needing the boxes back right away.
-I am so happy for my hub to be starting school! He has always wanted to further his education but we never knew when that day would come. We have thought really hard about it and change our plans many time (ask my family) but we are very excited that he will be starting his schooling this month to become a Professional Pilot and get his Bachelor degree in Aviation Management. The boy loves the sky so that's where he'll be for a long time :) I am so happy to see him happy and excited to take on this new adventure :)
Ok so that it for now. No photos because of the internet problems we have here but at least I have internet right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment